“EXPERIENCE CHINA” program (New Zealand)
- Are you keen to explore China ?
- Are you looking for free Mandarin lessons ?
- Are you confident with your English language knowledge ?
- Do you like working with kids ?
If your answer is yes, the three month “EXPERIENCE CHINA” program (New Zealand) is a great opportunity for volunteers. (Teacher option for candidates with any bachelor’s degree is 12 months period and being available to work legally in China.)
Westlink International Education is an English school in China teaching all ages people with an experience based interactive approach. It is located in Mianyang city in the middle of the beautiful Sichuan province. Sichuan is close to the Tibetan autonomous region with gorgeous views, great food and a rich culture of Chinese and – the pandas of course 🙂
Yougonz and Westlink work together for a long time already and have set up a fascinating opportunity for individuals wanting to experience China.
- Chinese language lessons for free.
- Introduction Letter and any other material required for your visa applicatio.
- Free return Air ticket (See additional below)
- A monthly allowance of 2000 CNY.
- Comfortable modern shared apartment accommodation for free.
- Shared lunch and dinner.
- SIM card and free wifi.
- Bus pass for urban public transport.
- Health care assistance.
- Fortnightly group day trips around the wider Mianyang area and to Chengdu City. And, free travel opportunities for national attractions within Sichuan, China. (Pandas, night markets, scenery)
What you need to do
- 20 hours volunteer work per week in kindergarten or school, teaching kids aged from 3-10 years.
- Being open to every opportunity to immerse into the local Mianyang community and attend Westlink exchange activities offered.
- Keeping the apartment clean and tidy and report any maintenance issues to Westlink staff.
- Keeping weekly schedule and ensure that all activities are attended with punctuality. (3-4 free days a fortnight normally week days.)
- Attendance of any scheduled team meetings as required.
- Westlink pays your return ticket when yo stay 3 months.
- You purchase the air ticket from NZ to China. China Southern Airlines operate a service from Auckland to Mianyang with a stopover in Guangzhou, or you can fly Air NZ or Air Asia to Chengdu (Sichuan’s provincial capital, located about 150km S/W of Mianyang). Either way a Westlink staff person will meet you on arrival.
- Prior to travelling you should take out a comprehensive travel and health insurance for yourself, at your own cost. We recommend 1 Cover Travel Insurance at an approx. cost of $325 for medical cover or $460 for comprehensive cover (includes luggage and travel cancellation).
Any information else please call +64 2185 2100 or +64 20 4167 4365
Any time between 09:00 and 19:00